Time has come! Tomb Editor 1.2.8 release is nearby, so I am publishing one of the two video announcements for it.
This one is all about Tomb Editor 1.2.8 new features!
And here's the detailed list of changes in forthcoming version:
- Ability to merge statics into room geometry, with optional conversion of vertex shades to vertex effects.
- New object type - ghost block. Used to create "ghost collision" without any visible geometry.
- Added room tags and tag-specific functions (search, select, set ambient light, move).
- Ability to change light interpolation mode (portal shade) between rooms - sharp-cut or smooth.
- Added previously missing mist light effect.
- An option to switch on/off room lights for imported geometry.
- "Make new room" command and option.
- Room multiselection and ability to move selected rooms at once in 3D mode and in depth bar.
- Ability to set all unmerged static mesh ambient colours to room ambient colour.
- Dedicated triggers search scope in search window.
- New PRJ import dialog with project-specific options moved out of editor options (flyby mousepatch, texture correction).
- Added dedicated shortcut keys for all blending modes.
- Menu option to create itemgroups to use within TRNG scripts.
- An option to automatically switch skybox on if transparent texture is applied in the room.
- Optional single-instance mode.
- Selection tile size now applies to anim textures window and remembered until next editor launch.
- Fixed serious pathfinding issues which caused weird AI behaviour.
- Fixed portal room flickering.
- Fixed light interpolation between flipped rooms.
- Fixed sinks behaviour.
- Fixed Lara start position behaviour.
- Restored ability to set FPS for TRNG anim textures.
- Fixed several room vertex effect bugs, including water waves.
- Enabled real font/sky preview in level settings.
- Properly remap TRNG extended soundmap sounds (e.g. boat sounds).
- Fixed potential crashes while horizontally moving rooms with portals.
- Fixed flyby cameras roll inversion.
- Proper enumeration for NG flipeffect #71 onwards.
- Editing wall portal geometry on flipped room is now possible.
- Don't select invisible room parts in 2D map.
- Workaround to properly parse prjs with renamed objects, like FISH->LOCUST_EMITTER or NEW_ITEM5->CLASSIC_ROLLINGBALL.
- Filter out fake collisional TRNG triggers on prj import.
- Properly populate initial trigger parameters with ConditionNg trigger type.
- Properly import ConditionNg triggers in prjs.
- Don't autoswitch to selected item in trigger target combobox.
- Don't select broken degenerate texture area while clicking outside of texture map.
- Fixed endless configuration re-saves on toggling various UI options.
Tomb Editor 1.2.8 will be available for download in the next few days.