WadTool was made as a replacement for outdated, inconvenient and unstable applications like WadMerger and TRViewer. It should greatly simplify your workflow, for now at least in part of animation importing and editing. Eventually, it will hopefully include functionality of such tools as Strpix and allow you to import meshes and whole models with already applied attributes, such as shiny, blending modes, and so on.
Forthcoming version 1.2.8 was completely reworked, lots of bugs were fixed, and generally WadTool is now stable and useable. Here is the video announcement with all important features covered!
Full changelog for forthcoming version:
- Import animations in FBX and COLLADA formats.
- Completely overhauled main window
- Completely overhauled animation editor:
- New timeline with selection, dynamic highlight, mouse warping and transport controls.
- Undo and redo.
- Realtime sound previews with 3 modes: land, land + material footsteps, water.
- Realtime animcommand editing.
- Live preview for in-game animation speed.
- Selection-based position and translation controls.
- Simple evolution modes to create basic animations: linear, smooth and symmetric.
- Batch find & replace animcommands.
- Chain playback mode (loop through NextAnimation/NextFrame values and state changes).
- Human-readable animation names and state ID names with ability to search and filter by name.
- Ability to resample animation.
- Extensive bounding box controls, including mesh-based autogeneration and inflation/deflation.
- Added options window.
- Fix TR1 levels animation import.
- Fix TR1-3 colored faces import.